Wood Engraved Pictures Make Excellent Gifts, Did You Know?
There is no doubt that engraving photos is a fantastic way of preserving your memorial pictures. Although we can etch images on various materials, wood is the most popular. Wood engraved pictures look so pleasant. Fortunately, timber is readily available in Uganda. We do not have to import it from abroad. And because of that, the cost of having wood etched photos is comparatively moderate.
Wood engraved pictures make excellent and memorable presents. If you are short of gift ideas, you can think of etching someone’s image on a piece of timber. You will not have gone wrong because photos please most people and are part of our life.
Options for Presenting Your Wood Engraved Pictures
The options from which you can choose to present your photos on wood are quite many. Here are a few of them below:
- Key chains – you can personalise them with your photos. They are good on occasions where you have to give gifts to many people i.e. introduction ceremonies.
- Photo album – an album with a wooden cover etched with a memorial photo makes an excellent wedding gift.
- Wooden Pocket Mirror for Ladies – customise it with a picture of your loved one and give it to them as a present on their special occasions.
- Images etched on wood slices – a round wood slice, usually cut from a stem, makes a unique gift when engraved with a memorable picture.
- Keepsake – a keepsake engraved with a photo is so memorable with a high-perceived value.
- A watch – if you have a wooden wristwatch, adding a photo makes it a wonderful gift idea.
- A photo plaque – a wooden plaque engraved with a photo is a memorable idea. We engrave photos on three different plaque sizes of 7″ by 5″, 6″ by 8″ and 7½” by 10″. The cost depends on the size you select.
- Phone case – you can customise a wooden phone case with a picture and give it out as a present to someone.
- Cufflinks – wooden cufflinks are a good option for adding a small photo on them.
- What else? The options are so many. We can not list them down all in this post. And you can only get limited by your imagination.
Which timber is suitable for photoengraving?
Not all wood species are suitable for photoengraving. In our business, we opted to produce our products using local wood. Unfortunately, most of the types of timber we have in Uganda aren’t suitable for etching photos.
Wood engraved pictures come out well on lighter timber with minimal streaks and consistent grains. The best wood type for etching photos is Maple. However, Maple is not readily available on the local market. As a solution, we embarked on doing research to discover the local wood species that are suitable for engraving pictures.
If engraving a picture on wood is your favourite gift idea, we can work with you to present your photo in a unique style. We have just listed a few options to kick-start your imagination. Do you have a question?
Hello! My name is Charles Kiyimba, a creative engraver, a professional teacher, a passionate blogger, a confident graphic/web designer and the founder of Goleza Designers Ltd, an engraving business that turns images into real products. Through my hands-on experience, I share with you free helpful information on our products and services, business, marketing and personal development. Always dive in for more!