Grammarly Writing Tool is as valuable to English Writers as Gold
If you’re a writer and you are not using Grammarly writing tool in your works, you’re missing a lot. Before I discovered this fantastic tool, I thought I was writing good English, free of any mistakes because I was using the spelling and grammar feature that comes with the computer. Oh no! This feature is not reliable at all.
When I discovered the Grammarly writing tool, I realised my written English was far lacking. And I believe many other people are like the way I was. If you fall into this category, without wasting time, sign up for the free writing package.
What is Grammarly writing tool?
As the name suggests, Grammarly is an online writing tool that automatically checks your spellings, grammatical errors, punctuation, word choice and writing style. This must-have writing tool is a helpful proofreading resource because it also checks plagiarism thoroughly.
Grammarly, Inc. are the developers of this vital proofreading tool, which they first released in July 2009. Because it’s a writing aide for writers of any kind, it has spread like wildfire in just a short time. By the time of writing this post, it had over 6.9 million daily users. And this is only in nine years. With these figures, it’s clear that the numbers will even triple in the next few years.
How does Grammarly writing tool work?
Grammarly is a writing app or software that helps you to write anything in English without any mistakes. It’s intelligence to smell out any errors is comparable to no other writing tool. To use the app, you have to first install it on your computer by creating a free Grammarly account. If you already have the text, copy and paste it into the Editor. It will quickly scan and bring back errors, having made the following checks:
- Grammar check – it checks both basic and advanced grammatical errors and guides you on how to correct them.
- Spellings – Grammarly scans your text for any spelling mistakes in the English of your preference (i.e. British, American, Canadian or Australian English) and provides you with suggestions to correct them. It also looks up for additional spaces so that you remove them.
- Punctuation – looks up for any punctuation mistakes and suggests to you to remove or add punctuation marks.
- Writing style – helps to adapt to a method that your targeted audience can read and understand. It checks the sentence length and text readability.
- Plagiarism – scans your text against billions of web pages in seconds while looking for sentences and phrases whose source is with other websites. This check puts Grammarly in No. 1 position because it helps you to avoid problems you may encounter.
Who should use Grammarly?
Bloggers, authors, students, teachers, name it, they all need it. As long as you produce some written work for others to read, it’s a useful tool for you. Whether English is your first language or third language, you still need it because we are all prone to making mistakes.
It’s not only individuals that need Grammarly writing tool, companies and government institutions as well. They need to produce mistake-free reports. In reality, everyone needs it. And if you don’t mind about your writing mistakes, you risk becoming a victim of the following dangers.
- Loss of audience. You write for others to read. But if your reports, blog posts, books and other writings are full of careless mistakes, people won’t read them. And if they do, they will not enjoy it because errors and poor sentence construction don’t allow them to follow correctly. As a result, you fail to achieve your intended goals.
- Loss of credibility. A text full of errors reflects poorly on you. It spoils your professionalism and reputation.
- Legal implications. If you write without minding about the legal consequences of plagiarism, you may be subject to penalties of breaking the copyright laws.
I hope you’ve now known why you need to consider Grammarly writing tool part of your writing aids. And if you have, there is no reason why you should wait to create a free Grammarly account. Go ahead and sign up. I will be happy to receive your feedback as to how helpful you have found it through the comment section below. Good luck!
Hello! My name is Charles Kiyimba, a creative engraver, a professional teacher, a passionate blogger, a confident graphic/web designer and the founder of Goleza Designers Ltd, an engraving business that turns images into real products. Through my hands-on experience, I share with you free helpful information on our products and services, business, marketing and personal development. Always dive in for more!